Monday, October 25, 2010

Options Lead To Decisions

Thank you for such positive responses to my little adventure! I'm glad I could help inspire some people to get out there and try something new! This has been a major learning experience for me (silly since my generation grew up with Xangas and Blogs). Keeping that in mind, I want to learn more about one of my favorite past times. Until I did a bit of research, I thought the best site to look up caches (see first post for lingo) was geoaching.com. Boy was I wrong, Take a peek at my reviews of some more sites to find caches!



Navicache.com isn’t as flashy as Geocaching.com, but it still has thousands of geocaches logged for any region of the United States. It does feature international caches, but you will come to find that they are mostly located in Germany. You don’t need a membership to view geocache information on Navicache.com, but you will need to create an account if you want to add a new geocache to the site.


Terracaching.com has active caches in 48 countries. The site has wonderful resources for geocachers, but it does have one flaw. In order to view information you must be a member, and in order to become a member you must be “sponsored,” or recommended, by two other geocachers already in the Terracaching.com community. It’s a pain, but once you do it, it is said that it will be a good resource for all your geocaching needs.


GPSGames.org is a great way to make geocaching more entertaining. It contains listings of geocaches that can be incorporated into different types of games to be played with your GPS. Some of the options include GeoDashing, Minute War, GeoPoker and GeoGolf. If simple geocaching isn’t enough for you, GPSGames.org will probably have something to challenge you.


Earthcache.org doesn’t have as many geocaches on file as some of the other websites listed, but there is still a significant number to choose from in many different countries.

Whichever of these you use, you'll be set up for an exciting adventure. Happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment